In response to recent public health concerns and multiple requests regarding our ability to fulfill customer orders, Valley Forge does not currently foresee any negative impact from the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
All parts manufactured at Valley Forge are made with U.S. domestic steel and our raw material supply for this and other materials / components has not been affected. We will be maintaining continuous communication with our suppliers and will maintain an ongoing dialogue to ensure there are no disruptions in our supply chain.
- Customer Service, Operations, and Logistics are continuing without disruption and we have contingency plans in place should our teams experience disruption from employees reporting in sick. Sick leave benefits have been extended so that employees will stay home if experiencing symptoms.
- We are in a strong inventory position and do not anticipate any stockouts on materials in the coming weeks. Our inventory levels are deliberately being kept at higher levels so that no shortages will occur if there is any disturbance in the supply chain.
- We will discontinue providing onsite services to customers at this time. If assistance is needed, we are equipped to videoconference through Zoom, Skype or any customer facilitated media.
- We have discontinued sales travel by our sales force in the immediate future.
- We are asking all customers, vendors, and inspectors to reschedule their visits to our facility or conduct by videoconference or document/picture exchange.
- We are allowing only essential personal into our facility and will be checking temperatures before entrance.
- At this time, we have not experienced any labor shortages. If needed, our manufacturing work force is cross trained and can step into operations where needed.
- Our backlog is strong, and we are working to keep to our manufacturing schedules and see no move outs on order ready dates at this time.
We thank you for your business and working with us to follow the guidelines set by WHO and the CDC at this time. Should there be any changes or any future developments, our ongoing assessment of the situation will be communicated to our customers at that time.
Chief Executive Officer